ASTON INGHAM NEWS 

For up to date information on our village and community please go to the website www.astoningham.wix.com/village  

ASTON INGHAM NDP UPDATE
The Steering Committee is pleased to report that the NDP process continues to progress well. We are at the next stage, with a Housing Site Assessment being undertaken by our Planning consultant 
following the submission of 7 sites in response to the Call for Sites in April.  Following this there will be work to set a draft Settlement Boundary for Aston Ingham Village and also the drafting of the plan itself.  These tasks will take most of the summer and we hope to be in a position to invite you to an Open Day as part of reviewing of the settlement boundary and draft plan in the later part of the year.   If you want further information about the NDP there is a wealth of information on the Aston Ingham Parish Council Website.  www.astoninghampc.org.uk  just go to the NDP tab at the top of the page.  Julia Askew (NDP Committee Chair)


ASTON INGHAM WI
In June, we started to meet in small groups again. Pandemic permitting, we plan to start WI as normal on Tuesday, 13th July at 2pm in the Village Hall. We haven’t organised a speaker, but it will be lovely just to meet up again and plan our way forward. Hopefully by the next meeting which will be on 
Tuesday, 10th August, we will be a bit more organised! For more details contact Janet click here to contact

 

VILLAGE LUNCHES
Sadly, we find that we are unable to restart the Village Lunches. This is due to the diminishing numbers and the age of our volunteer cooks and helpers and therefore we have decided not to continue with the Village Lunches. Thank you to everyone who has helped and supported us over the last 20 years.    

 

CARDS, PUZZLES AND BOOKS
Books and jigsaw puzzles are available to borrow from the Village Hall, also cards to buy. Just get in contact with me and I will arrange to open the hall for you. Janet click here to contact

 

BOOK CLUB COFFEE MORNING
On Friday, 23rd July and Friday, 20th August at 10.30 am we will be restarting our Book Club Coffee Mornings, Covid-19 regulations will apply. As well as the usual books, jigsaw puzzles and cards there will also be a Bring and Buy plant stall. For more details contact Janet on click here to contact


BRING AND BUY PLANT STALL
The Village Hall Committee is going to try a Bring and Buy Plant Stall (outside the hall, weather permitting) as part of its monthly Friday Coffee Mornings which have started again (next one on July 23rd).  So as well as tea, coffee, biscuits, chat, jigsaws, books and cards, you will be able to buy plants at very modest prices, from 50p to £2.  (All proceeds to the Village Hall).  Of course in order for this to work it will help if you can donate spare plants as well, so, if you have any plants of any kind including vegetables you can’t squeeze in the garden, please pop along between 10.30 and 12.30 to drop them off and see what is there to pick up in return. And if you are doing any plant propagating during the year please add in an extra one for the Bring and Buy too.  If you want to donate plants and cannot make the Coffee Morning then I can collect, so please give me a ring to arrange click here to contact


COUNTRY DANCING AND SHORTMAT BOWLING
Hopefully, by the September edition of The Chimes we will be able to see a clearer way forward 


VILLAGE HALL
The Village Hall needs a new Treasurer, please contact Adrian click here to contact if you’re interested. Many thanks to Allison Oastler who has been treasurer for the last few years. Please contact Hazel for up to date information on the Village Hall click here to contact


FOOTPATH REPORT
The latest update on the closed footbridge on AG 8 from Public Rights of Way, Herefordshire, is that the replacement bridge is in this year’s budget, but no date has been given. Any problems please contact Richard Potter click here to contact


VILLAGE SIGN
By the time you receive this the village sign may be back in place. It had to be removed for refurbishment. Thank you to Richard Potter and Ken Boon.

CHURCH SERVICES
1st Sunday in month Evensong 6.30pm
2nd Sunday Zoom 10.30am Service with Rev. David Howell.
Link ID 6974222801 Passcode 1662
3rd Sunday Village Praise 10am, 4th Sunday Communion 10.30am
All welcome to join us for Evening Prayers said every Monday 5.30 pm in the Church
Contact our Rector David Howell for details


ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL 
A successful well attended meeting was held on June 8th in Church.Elizabeth Gwynn was elected Minute Secretary with Sue Harding Correspondence Secretary.

Thanks were expressed to Allison Oastler as Acting Treasurer who gave a detailed report of Church Finance and Yearly Accounts. Churchwardens Allison Oastler and James Harding were re-elected with James Harding Vice Chairman. Janet Potter and David Minnet retired from the Committee and will however continue to support our Church in many other ways. 

The PCC is seeking a Treasurer, anyone interested should contact the acting treasurer – Allison click here to contact for further information.


CHURCH CLEANING
If anyone would like to join our cleaning rota please contact Janet click here to contact. To make the job easier we split the Church into sections so no one person has too much to do. The more helpers the less work for everyone.

ROSS COMMUNITY LARDER

The Community Larder is open to everyone who needs help and support in these challenging times. Opposite Lloyds Bank every Tuesday from 9 am. Fresh food as well as store cupboard essentials.

CALLING ALL LADIES.jpg
ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL NEWS

PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE

Why not visit www.astoninghampc.org for up-to-date news on community issues?

CONTACT:

Email astoninghampc@gmail.com

JUNE MEETING ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mrs J. Askew, Mr J. Harding, Mr D. Hardwick, Mr N. Smith (councillors), Mrs M. Pettit (parishioner)
HIGHWAYS UPDATE
Potholes filled on D Loop. Clerk to invite new Locality Steward, Matthew Brookes, to a meeting. Bend sign by Barrell Lane twisted. Hedge and verge on path from Aston Bank to The Old School overgrown. Mr Whatley to check.
We would request that verges and hedges in the parish be maintained where appropriate to enable safe and easy access and good visibility.
Road closure of B4221 (Newent – Ross) road to be deferred to last two weeks of August. Mrs Askew suggested a sign be erected at the entrance to Oak Lane regarding the unsuitability for larger vehicles.
TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER MEETING FEEDBACK – The meeting with the agent from Herefordshire Council, William Wilding, Brian Jones (Lea Parish Council) and Mr Whatley to discuss the possibility of weight restrictions on the B4222/C1281 at Aston Crews was not very satisfactory. The Herefordshire Council representative did not think that the HGVs presented a problem although had no firm evidence to support this, and reported that he did not feel there was any need for a restriction, in spite of a history of problems with larger vehicles using these routes. Mr Whatley sent a firm response to this and requested that at least a restriction be considered on the road between Wayside and the traffic lights at Lea. A response is awaited.
FLOODING
Efforts have been made to determine ownership of the bridge at Aston Court as water hits the bridge and backs up, causing flooding. It has been decided that residents of the area will assume shared ownership and work towards making changes to this bridge to alleviate problems. Mr Stallard has agreed to a meeting to discuss other measures which can be taken to divert run-off from the fields in the same area.
NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The next stage grant application has been approved. The agent, David Nicholson, is about to start work on the Call for Sites report. The Steering Committee are working through the policies as a group.
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
There was an unsuccessful attempt to steal a dog which was being walked by its owner at Lea. Dog owners are urged to be vigilant, as there have been several similar reports in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING -  Monday 5th July